Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Why does Diet Coke make you fat?

I mean, there aren't any calories in diet coke, right? It's relatively low in sodium.  So, why does it make you fat?

Well, here's a report on a study (or, actually, a couple of studies) about why drinking that next diet coke could be keeping you fat.

I write this as someone who drinks 1 diet coke a day.  Sometimes 2 on Saturdays.  It is a tough addiction to fight.  I've lost weight over the past year and I've been keeping it off.  And I still drink diet coke.  But, I want to be healthy.  And I certainly don't want to end up with diabetes.

I've noticed that when I have access to tea, even unsweet tea, I don't drink soda.  I drink water all day at work and come home and drink a couple glasses of tea. 

So for me, I have to be committed to making that tea at home.  Otherwise, it seems likely that I'll drink at least one diet coke a day.  And that could have a negative impact on the bacteria in my stomach -- and keep me from being as fit as I can be. 

What are your solutions for avoiding diet coke?  Have you struggled with fighting a diet coke addiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment