Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pepsi Next is going to keep you fat...

...or, it's at least not going to help.

That is, the folks over at Fooducate don't like it very much.

But, it DOES have 60% less sugar...and, I'll admit, I tried one the other day. It tastes almost exactly like a real Pepsi. Not like the over-sweetened (artificially) Diet Pepsi.

I drink Diet Coke b/c I can't like Diet Pepsi. It's just too much.

Before I switched to Diet drinks, I was a Pepsi fan.

In some ways, Pepsi Next seems dangerous to me. That is, me personally. Because I like it... and because I LOVE real Pepsi and this is just like it.

Which means I may be tempted to go from a lunch drink of Diet Coke (zero calories) to Pepsi Next (60 calories).

I know, I know. Diet drinks are supposed to be bad for you and change the way your body responds to and CRAVES sweet tastes...but I also really like a diet coke with lunch. And always with Mexican food.

I'll probably keep on drinking Diet Coke for now -- and save the Pepsi Next for a special event (like a football party) when I'd otherwise indulge and go for full-on Pepsi.

But, at least you know... Pepsi Next has its detractors.

No comments:

Post a Comment