Monday, January 23, 2012

Is Drinking Tea Really Working?

I'm not sure if it is the tea... but, it's a Monday and I weigh 173.5.

I drank tea at night (Chai Tea) 3 times last week and then had tea (iced) with dinner on Saturday and Sunday.

This has done two things: it has reduced my consumption of diet soda and increased my consumption of antioxidant rich tea -- it also makes me feel more relaxed.

Supposedly, tea has catechins which aid in boosting metabolism -- tea drinkers tend to have lower body fat content than non-tea drinkers.

I'm trying it out.

First, I love tea -- it's refreshing and the caffeine content is much lower than coffee or most diet soda.

Second, it does take some planning... I need to have tea made to consume. And for hot tea, there's water to boil and then 5-7 minutes for steeping. But, it seems to be worth it.

I'm going to keep drinking the tea more deliberately...and I'll report my results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment