Monday, January 30, 2012

Does Planning Help You Lose Weight?

YES!

I weigh 174.5 this morning -- I weighed 176 on Friday.

I weighed 173.5 last Monday.

Why? Because I now have a very "planned" weekend diet -- that includes eating out Friday evening, eating in all day on Saturday, including a planned, healthy dinner, and eating a brunch on Sunday of eggs, bacon, and wheat toast followed in the evening by a light dinner of yogurt and a whole wheat English muffin.

It's planned... it's healthy and I don't feel hungry.

Meanwhile, during the week, I've been doing less planning -- I go to work with no clear plan of what I'll eat -- while my breakfast of yogurt, coffee, and starbucks caramel macchiato is pretty consistent, I otherwise have very little in the way of a plan.

And so, Monday-Friday last week, my weight increased... despite a high level of activity on those days. I didn't know what I would eat, so I ate whatever... and that was not usually good.

Plan your meals, lose (or at least maintain) your weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment