Monday, September 10, 2012

What do I Weigh?

172.  Sometimes 171.  And one day last week, 169.5.

I'm at or below 172 EVERY SINGLE DAY!

It's not rocket science.  I worked to get down here, and I work to stay.  I walk 1-2 miles every day during work.  I do some weight training.  AND I watch what I eat... limiting sweets is number one.  Drinking lots of water is number 2.  And - NOT denying myself treats is number 3.  I've tried the denial path before...and it sucks.  Plus, it makes me CRAVE sweets and then, I go crazy. 

And that WAS the problem.  I'd try to be disciplined and not eat ANY sweets at all ever.  Then, I'd have a piece of cake for lunch one day b/c I'd "been good."  Then, I'd want more sweets.  Then, I'd weigh "ok" and eat more the next day.  Or have a fried chicken lunch ...

Giving in once started a cycle of crazy.

So, now, I have something SWEET every single day.  And guess what, my blood sugar is lower than it ever has been -- because I'm not going through spikes and lows.  And, I'm exercising 5 days a week, 6 if you count mowing the lawn.  Sometimes, I'll have two cookies and some milk at night.  Sometimes, a cup of sugar free pudding.  On Fridays, I usually get a donut with my coffee before work. 

Something sweet and wonderful every day.  And some exercise.  And everyday, I weigh 172 ...or less.  I'm betting that when I start training for the half marathon again, I'll drop to 170.  Which is fine.  Or, I may eat a little more (running makes me hungry) and keep the 172.  That's fine, too. 

I'm now going on 7 months with this success.  Nothing motivates like feeling good.  And I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment