Thursday, July 12, 2012

The answer is...

...YES! I can fit into 35 waist pants.  Since about 2003, I've worn 36 waist pants, up from 34 at that time, of course.  For about 8 years, I was at or over 180 pounds.  Most of it in my mid-section.  The extra weight, anyway. 

I didn't think much about it until I went to the beach once and saw a picture.  Even then, I didn't do much until my doctor told me my sugar was slightly high.  Not terrible, he said, but since both my parents are diabetic, and I was only 34 at the time, something to be worried about. 

I started running and have since completed three half marathons.  The feeling is amazing -- and the discipline to train is rewarding as well. 

More importantly, my sugar and cholesterol levels are just as they should be. 

And, my pants have been fitting pretty loosely of late.  And I've been wondering if I could go down a size or two. 

A couple years ago, I bought a pair of 34 waist jeans.  I was still weighing 176-178.  And they were tight and looked strange.

But two weeks ago, I bought a pair of 35 waist pants.  When I woke up today and the scale said 173, I thought I'd try them.  They fit.  Rather nicely, I might add.  I'm looking forward to ditching them at some point for some 34s.  But for now, it feels great to be a 35. 

No comments:

Post a Comment