Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The last 5 days...

... I've weighed 174 each day.  That's one pound over my half marathon weight... and 2 pounds over my goal of 172.

I'm actually working on a new goal:  170.

And, I'm working on doing it via protein and exercise.

That is, I will attempt to consume half my goal weight in protein (grams) each day.  So, 85 grams of protein.

This is actually more challenging than it might sound.  First, I want the protein to be lean.  Next, protein makes you feel full, so eating more than I'm used to (I'm estimating I get close to 45-50 grams a day now) becomes a challenge.

That said, I'm trying it out.  So, you can watch and see how it goes.

Today so far:  1 cup of yoplait fat free yogurt (6 grams) and 1 Grande caramel Macchiato at Starbucks (11 grams).  Total protein:  17 grams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment