Monday, December 3, 2012

Does the 17 Day Diet Work?

So, there's some buzz about this 17 day diet plan ... a book by a doctor about weight loss.  Surprise!

I have a close friend who has started (7 days in) and has lost 4.5 pounds in the first 7 days.  Not bad.

The theory is that rapid weight loss early motivates you to keep losing.  I tend to agree.  There's nothing worse than dieting for a month and seeing a weight loss of 3-4 pounds.  Your body changes, you get unhappy, and the results aren't typically visible.  But, if my friend ends up losing 10 pounds in 17 days, that will be big progress.  And so, she'll keep it up.

Also, the book contains recipes -- and they are delicious!  The eggplant parmesan is simple, easy, and tastes great.  Plus, it's vegetables.  I've been just casually incorporating the principles and I've lost 2 pounds - but more importantly to me, I've been eating TONS more vegetables.  Which has benefits for my skin ... and because I'm consuming more vitamins, I'm getting healthier, I just know it.

Anyway, a diet that seems to work -- and after the first 17 days, you get to eat more and eventually, the life plan is pretty solid and not too much sacrifice. 

Learn more and/or try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment